Vail Valley Summer Wrap-Up!
Well, the summer has, finally, ended in the Vail Valley; the weather has turned; and, snow is on its way. However, in the interim, there were many “happenings” in/around Vail during the summer of 2010. Some of the most notable were:
- The Vail Valley Medical Center started building its new Edwards surgical center this year. Part of the VVMC’s five-year plan, the new surgical center will make procedures commonly sought by Vail Valley residents that much closer to the majority of the county’s year-round population.
- Local real estate sales continued their upward swing throughout the summer, with both closed sales and dollar volume well above last year’s figures.
- The Solaris development project, in Vail Village, continues to open new retail/entertainment spaces with the opening of its ultra-modern movie theatre, the CineBistro at the Solaris; a whole new experience in movie viewing in the Vail Valley with a bar, restaurant, and waiter served dining in the theatre itself while sitting in over-sized, comfy, theatre seats. As well, “Bol”, the Vail Village’s new bowling alley has opened providing a “futuristic” bowling experience replete with fine dining and bar atmosphere.
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail, officially opened its doors. The property provides the legendary tradition of exceptional guest service by The Ritz-Carlton combined with the world-class on-mountain experience of Vail. The developer, RCR Vail, LLC, an affiliate of Vail Resorts Development Company, is offering an enhanced incentive program for new buyers: buyers are offered a social membership to The Arrabelle Club as part of the purchase of their residence, which includes personalized ski valet service, a private ski locker and additional Club amenities.
- And, lastly, the long-awaited Four Seasons Residence Club Vail is planning on opening its doors just prior to this year’s Christmas/New Year’s season.
There you have it. Continue reading “Kathy’s Blogs” to find out all the new happenings in real estate, and more, in the Vail Valley. I will continue to post articles, weekly, throughout the 2010/2011 ski season, and beyond.